Municipal Code Enforcement Department
The Municipal Code Enforcement Department is responsible for enforcing the various codes of the Municipality such as zoning, building and grading. They inspect all contract work, monitor occupancy permits, and inspect all new construction.
Plan Review Submittals coming from Architects, Engineers, and Contractors must be submitted via ONE digital PDF copy and ONE hard copy (Stamped and Sealed).
Charles Miller – Director
P. Jacquie Pierre-Small – Code Enforcement Secretary
Send email to Jacquie Pierre-Small
When you need a Building Permit:
A Permit is required for…
- New/Re-Roof: the construction of a new roof or replacement roof.
- Solar Panels: the construction of new Solar Panels on the roof or the side of the home.
- Water & Wastewater Lines: the construction of repaired/replacement of a water supply line.
- Fences: the construction of a new fence or replacement fence.
- Driveway/Sidewalks: the construction of pouring any concrete. (example: Driveway extensions, sidewalks, and or Patio slab extension)
- Swimming Pool: the construction of a swimming pool.
- Generator: the install of a Generator.
- Covered Patios, Palapas and Accessory Buildings: the construction of a building larger than 100 Square feet.
Documents & Forms
- Municipality of Penn Hills – Schedule of Fees (revised 2022)
- Document Request Form (Effective August 1st, 2022)
- Universal Application Form
- Building Permit Application Form
- Building Permit Exemption Application Form (addendum)
- Building Permit Non Exemption Application Form (addendum)
- Occupancy Permit Form
- Occupancy Permit Inspection Resale of Existing Single Family Homes (Punch List)
- Lien Letter Policy for Occupancy Permits
Misc. Permits and Forms
- Required Residential Permits
- Sign Regulations and Permit Application Form
- Street Opening/ Right-of-Way Excavation Permit Application
- Contractors Registration Form
- Storm Sewer (Tap-In) Policy and Form
- Authorization to Enter Permit Form
- Dye Test Form and Contractors List
- Backwater Valve Release Form
- Landlord/Tenant Registration Form
- Loud and Disturbing Noise Ordinance
- Dumpster Permit Form